Dissolved Oxygen Sensors
Dissolved Oxygen Sensors for Pharmaceutical Applications
Yokogawa is working with HAMILTON to offer best-in-class dissolved oxygen sensors for pharmaceutical applications. Since their introduction in 1995, HAMILTON oxygen sensors have become world leaders because of their signal performance and low maintenance requirements. The rugged design of the …
Hamilton VisiFerm Optical DO Sensor
Dissolved oxygen is required for the survival and growth of many aquatic organisms, including fish. The concentration of dissolved oxygen may also be associated with corrosive and photosynthetic activity. The absence of oxygen may permit anaerobic decay of organic matter and the production of toxic and undesirable esthetic materials in the water. Main applications for this sensor are biotechnology, chemical industry, air surveillance, fish farming, water management and sewage water (gas and liquid phase).
The Visiferm utilizes luminescent technology and eliminates the typical drawbacks of membrane components. The measurement is unaffected by sample fouling or poisoning and virtually maintenance free with no membranes to replace, no electrolyte solution to replenish, no anode or cathode to clean or replace and long calibration intervals.
- suitable for steam sterilization, autoclavation and CIP
- flow independant; self diagnostics
- electrolyte-free so no leakages occur
- no membrane so no concerns about air bubbles
- no polarization time required
- easily replacable sensor cap containing the sensing element
- replacement sensor caps available
- measurement not affected by sample color or turbidity
- connector heads: VP 6 or Arc (VP 8)